- Acting Performance Examinations 2014-17
- Choral Verse Speaking Examinations 2014-17
- Communication Skills Examinations 2014-17
- English as a Second Language Examinations 2014-17
- Grade Examinations 2014-17
- Musical Theatre Examinations (Guidelines)
- Musical Theatre Exams (Groups) 2014-17
- Musical Theatre Exams (Solos & Duets) 2014-17
- Public Speaking and Presentation Examinations 2014-17
- Reading Examinations 2014-17
- Diploma of Associate in Acting Performance: AIBSD (Acting) 2014-17
- Diploma of Associate (Musical Theatre Performance): AIBSD (Musical Theatre) 2014-17
- Diploma of Associate (Teaching): AIBSD (Teaching) 2014-17
- Diploma of Licentiate (Teaching Diploma) 2014-17
- Irish Board of Speech and Drama Fellowship 2014-17
The Irish Board of Speech and Drama is the fastest-growing, friendliest, most approachable, and most flexible speech, drama and communication examining body in Ireland. Our professional approach to exams, our encouraging and experienced examiners and our accessible and modern syllabus (catering for all age groups from age 4) have made us a firm favourite with speech, drama and communications teachers throughout Ireland.
Irish Board examinations are easy to organise. You and your students can choose your poems, prose and drama pieces. You can choose an examination date, time and location which suit you.
If you have never held speech and drama exams before, or if you aren’t sure about how to go about it, just ring us, and we’ll help you through the process. If you want, we can visit you and discuss the process.
In this section of the site you’ll find our exam syllabuses effective from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2017.
In the About the Exams section you’ll find information on
- How Irish Board exams work
- How we assess your candidates
- What our examiners need on exam day.
Remember, we want to make the exam process as pleasurable as possible for your candidates and as stress-free as possible for you. No question is too small so please don’t hesitate to contact us.